JJC Skillz announces that his Marriage with Funke Akindele is Over
In one Instagram post, JJC Skillz said that he and Funke had decided to go their separate ways.
“While it lasted we shared a lot of things together and it has produced two beautiful children.”
He added that the last two years had been extremely difficult for both of them.
JJC Skillz says their relationship had gone beyond repairs now.
“I know I have tried my best to fix things but I believe it has gone beyond repairs now.”
He added that three months ago Funke insisted that she moved out of the house and apart from the popular AMVCA awards he had never been able to sit down in an ‘amicable manner.
“I am making this announcement so that the public will be clear that both of us are now pursuing our separate lives.
Funke and JJC Skillz had been married since 2016 and their marriage is supposed to be six years this year.
Meanwhile, the Jenifer diaries star, Funke Akindele had not yet commented on this matter.
“Dear Friends and family I need to let you know that Funke and I have separated. While it lasted we shared a lot of things together and have created 2 beautiful children. The last two years have been extremely difficult for us. I know I have tried my best to fix things but I believe it is beyond repair now. 3 months ago and at Funkes insistence I moved out of the house and apart from AMVCA have not been able to get Funke to sit down in an amicable manner to discuss the future of our relationship. I’m making this announcement so that the public is clear that we both are pursuing separate lives. We still have issues that need to be addressed such as the custody and wellbeing of our children which is paramount as well as business interests which need to be disentangled but I have no doubt that these will be resolved one way or the other”
Mr Abdul Bello
JJC Skillz brief profile
- 45 old Abdrasheed Bello is Nigerian songwriter, rapper record and television producer.
- Skillz is a producer in one British hip-hop record company and musical group, Big Brovaz.
- He is a co-producer on Industreet one television show about the Nigerian music industry with wife, Funke Akindele.
- Before his marriage to Funke Akindele, Bello had already had three children from different women.
- He married Funke in 2016 and in 2018 the couple welcomed their set of twins.
Funke Akindele profile
- Funke Akindele was born on 24th of August, 1977 in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
- She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta.
- Funke obtained OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from the University of Lagos.
- Funke had married Adeola Kehinde Oloyede on May 26, 2012 and they divorced in July 2013 citing irreconcilable differences.
- She remarry Abdul Resheed Bello, known as JJC Skillz in London in May, 2016.
- Funke Akindele is a Nigerian actress, film producer, scriptwriter, and entrepreneur.
- She is popularly known as ‘Jenifa’, gotten from a character she played in one of her movies titled Jenifa’s Diary.
- Funke Akindele has got a special swag for Nigeria entertainment industry based on how she interprets her roles even in her own soap opera ‘Jenifa’s Dairy’.
JJC Skillz announcement comes just days after popular Nigerian actress Chacha Eke also announced that her marriage with long time husband had ended.